The Latin America Parents Association (LAPA) is a support group of families who have adopted children from Latin America or U.S.-born children of Latin American descent, as well as prospective adopters seeking children of Latino heritage.
Who We Are
The National Capital Region chapter, LAPA-NCR, is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization in the state of Maryland. More than 200 families are members of LAPA-NCR, most of whom live in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, and Pennsylvania. LAPA-NCR families include adopted children from Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela, as well as the USA and other countries around the world.
LAPA-NCR participates in the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area. We gratefully accept your donations. Our designation number is 7327.
LAPA-NCR is not an adoption agency, but a volunteer association of adoptive parents. Please consider joining us. Our objectives are:
- To help adoptive families to:
- remain in contact with one another
- learn about Latin American culture
- exchange ideas about raising adopted children through social
get-togethers, Mis Amigos culture camp, forums, and meetings.
- To provide financial and material aid to children and families in Latin America
- To help families seeking to adopt from Latin America by:
- helping prospective adopters meet adoptive families
- providing information on how to adopt from Latin America, including
answering questions submitted to our LAPA Line (email@example.com).
Other LAPA Chapters
Together with LAPA-NCR, several other independent organizations make up LAPA-US. The other LAPA chapters include:
LAPA Connecticut, Inc.
P.O. Box 523
Unionville, CT 06085
LAPA New York, Inc.
P.O. Box 339
Brooklyn, NY 11234
LAPA Northern New Jersey, Inc.
P.O. Box 2666
Fairlawn, NJ 07410